Pay Your Bill

News Archive

Utility & Street Construction Closes Parts of Wisconsin Avenue

A two block area of Wisconsin Avenue in New Holstein will be closed to traffic beginning June 13 so utility and street improvements can be completed. The two block area begins at the intersection of Calumet Drive and Wisconsin Avenue (by Twisted Tap) and extends to the west to the intersection of Plymouth Street and Wisconsin Avenue.

Initially, the project was to include only the repaving of Wisconsin Avenue (also County Hwy H) as budgeted by Calumet County. However, NHU was aware of utility infrastructure improvements that needed to be made in the area and contacted the county about the possibility of allowing the utility work to be completed as well. With the repaving, it only made sense to do the utility work before the street was redone.

The street will be closed during construction so improvements to NHU's water and sanitary sewer infrastructure can be completed. The work includes the installation of new sanitary sewer main, along with the installation of new sanitary sewer laterals and water laterals leading to the property lines of the area property owners. The utility infrastructure work is being completed by AG Excavating of Green Bay.

Immediately following the completion of the utility work, the Calumet County Highway Department will have the street repaved. If the weather is good, all work should be completed and the street reopened within five weeks from the beginning of the construction.

During construction, the street will be closed to traffic. As the street will be closed, the county has established a detour route. The detour route will be County Hwy A to County Hwy HH to County Hwy J. Local traffic will be able to use the city streets surrounding the two block section of Wisconsin Avenue. Access will be available to the New Holstein School District for students attending summer school.

If you have any questions regarding the utility construction or its progress, please contact the New Holstein Utilities office and ask to speak with the General Manager or a Water/Wastewater Dept. employee. Thank you for your patience as we make the improvements to the infrastructure.