Enter our Win a Tree Contest!
To celebrate Arbor Day and the success of our Tree Power Program, New Holstein Utilities is sponsoring a Win a Tree Contest.
One lucky winner will be selected and notified on April 29th. The winner can pick up their choice of an oak, maple or birch tree at Honeymoon Acres (a $250 value).
Entries will be accepted until 9:00 a.m. on April 29, so enter now for your chance to win.
To apply via email, send your name, address, phone number and account number to firstname.lastname@example.org. To enter via postal mail, print this page, complete the coupon below and mail to:
New Holstein Utilities
Attn: Win a Tree Contest
2110 Washington St
New Holstein, WI 53061
Or you can fax the completed coupon to 898-5879.
Limit one entry per household and only current residential customers are eligible. For more information, contact us at 898-5776 or via email at email@example.com.
Plant trees to save on energy costs
Arbor Day – celebrated on April 29 this year – provides the perfect opportunity to jumpstart those plans to add a tree or two to the landscaping in your yard.
While improving the appearance of your home, shade trees can help reduce your heating and cooling costs. Deciduous trees that shade the south and west side of the building can reduce air conditioning costs in summer while allowing warm sunlight through during the winter months.
If you’re planting a tree, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Always steer clear of underground pipelines and wires, septic tanks and overhead utility lines.
- Spring and early fall are generally the best planting seasons.
- High, wide-crowned deciduous varieties (such as maple, beech and poplar trees) provide the best shade.
- Consider the mature size of the tree when choosing what type to plant.
- Trees should be planted 25 to 35 feet from the area to be shaded (such as roofs, windows, air conditioning units and porches).
- Before digging, be sure to call Diggers Hotline toll free at (800) 242-8511.